Overview of Matcha by Aiya
Aiya is the global leading vertically integrated producer of true, premium Japanese matcha. Family owned and operated for five generations, Aiya’s unmatched growing and production capacity as well as our international reach allows us to control costs, continuously innovate and expand, allowing Aiya to easily meet the growing demand for premium Japanese matcha.
Aiya is proud to partner with DMH Ingredients and their long tradition of outstanding quality and superior service, to reach and service a greater number of customers across multiple sales channels, including food, beverage, nutraceutical and the food service industries.
Matcha (Japanese Green Tea Powder)
"The Ultimate Nutrient Dense Superfood Ingredient"
- 10x the nutritional potency of ordinary green tea
- 289mg/gm naturally occurring plant protein
- 332mg/gm soluble and insoluble fiber
- 49mg/gm Amino Acids
- 149mg/gm Catechins
- 1384 ORAC (Umole TE/g), see chart below
- Most powerful antioxidant on the planet
Q. What is Matcha Green Tea?
A. Matcha is a shade-grown all natural, powdered Japanese green tea made from the finest tea leaves. Extremely high in antioxidants, amino acids, and other nutrients, it has been the focal point of Zen-Buddhist Monks for over 800 years as a revered form of art, instrument for meditation, and ingredient to health.
Q. Why is Matcha considered a healthy, trendy, unique ingredient?
A. Matcha is one of the most unique teas on the planet, obtaining its tremendous health properties through careful growing, cultivating and processing. Unlike other teas, Matcha undergoes a number of additional steps in the production cycle before it makes its way to your cup, including: shade growing, hand picking, stem and vein removal, and granite milling into a fine powder.
Q. How can I benefit from using Matcha green tea?
A. Matcha is ground into a fine powder, which means you are consuming the entire leaf when drinking Matcha or enjoying a food or beverage made with Matcha. Matcha drinkers receive 100% of the benefits of the whole tea leaf, enjoying its antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Q. Why use Matcha as an Ingredient (Food, Beverage & Nutraceutical Applications)
A. Matcha’s brilliant color, smooth flavor and ease of use allows a wide variety of culinary applications.
- Beverages: Teas, Smoothies & Lattes
- Bakery: Cookies, Cakes, Donuts, Cookies
- Confections: Chocolates, Fudge, Truffles
- Dairy: Yogurt, Ice Cream, Flavored Milks
- Foods: Pastas, Omelets, Stews
- Savory: Sauces, Marinades, Dressings, Seasonings
- Nutraceutical, Cosmeceutical, & Supplements
Q. Why should I consider buying my Matcha from DMH/Aiya?
A. The strategic partnership between DMH and Aiya offers the best of two customer-focused organizations who share common values about producing and providing the highest quality ingredients available.
- World's Largest Matcha green tea producer, with global sales offices in Japan, US, Europe, China, and Thailand
- Relentlessly dedicated to cultivating, harvesting and producing only the purest Matcha green using the highest standards
- Family owned and operated since 1888, currently run by fifth-generation family members
- Aiya meets or exceeds the highest international food safety standards, with certifications that include FSSC22000, AIB (superior), USDA Organic certified, Gluten-Free and Non-GMO
- Outstanding quality
- Superior service
- Focus on serving customers with the products and quality they need
Learn More about Matcha by Aiya – check out our Blog.
Please fill out the form below to download spec sheet